Monday, December 23, 2013

JLaw



"I really would not call myself a fashion icon. I would call myself somebody who gets dressed by professionals. [It’s like], ‘Dance, monkey, dance’ right on the red carpet.’ I would call me more of a monkey."

 I don’t really have that ‘I want to play this character!’. I’ll read a script and I’ll love it and I’m like, “This is what I wanna do.” So I don’t like get that kind of itch to do a certain thing and I’m also not ready for that responsibility of being able to be like, “Lets make this movie. Lets put this together.” Like I would love to be that one day but I’m not a grown up yet so I can’t. People will like let me do it, but they shouldn’t. I’m not ready.



 When you don’t have anybody to take care of you, then you could go both ways: You could do whatever you want, or you could take charge and be your own parent.

“I was lucky enough to find a job without having to go to college, but I understand that’s usually not the case. It’s interesting to think that if I wasn’t doing what I’m doing, I’d be graduating college about now. In a short amount of time, I’ve lived so much, had so many experiences and met so many different types of people and even lived in so many countries. If I had been in school, I’d be learning about the world from books.”

"If anyone wants to know the weirdest thing, it’s getting your hair cut and seeing it on the news. Terrorists probably knew about my haircut."
"Everyone’s brain works in a different way. I didn’t feel smart in school; I just didn’t get it. I thought I was an idiot. Until I got out."
There is a quality about her, a freshness and frankness, and she happens to be just a terrifically talented woman. This is a huge star who’s normal! And even though she hates to be called that all the time, she is. —Barbara Walters on Jennifer Lawrence

The main thing is the way people look at you and talk to you, because you don’t feel any different. A light never went off, like ‘Ok, I’m a new me.’ So it’s hard when people treat you differently, I mean you don’t feel any differently. It’s alienating. You feel like a zoo animal, or something. I don’t know what it is. It’s something in somebody’s eyes. It’s like not connecting, not making eye contact sometimes. And now I’m surrounded by people all the time, and I can be so lonely when everyone goes. But I have to remind myself it’s just being alone, it’s not lonely

“Teenagers only have to focus on themselves – its not until we get older that we realize that other people exist.”
Not to sound rude, but acting is stupid. Everybody’s like, ‘How can you remain with a level head?’ And I’m like, ‘Why would I ever get cocky? I’m not saving anybody’s life. There are doctors who save lives and firemen who run into burning buildings. I’m making movies. It’s stupid.”


With Katniss, I never meant to make a big deal about it (her weight). It was just important she was strong and a warrior instead of being wasted away, especially when, without a doubt, she’s going to be a role model for a lot of young girls. I thought it would be better for them to say, ‘I could look like Katniss’ rather than ‘I’ll never be able to look like that if I keep eating.’


If you don’t look like an airbrushed model… You have to look past it. You look how you look. What are you going to do? They put values in all things that are wrong and that it’s okay to point at people and call them ugly and fat. Stop calling each other fat. It’s disappointing that the media keeps it alive and fuels that fire. It is something that really bothers me because I love to eat.

“Don’t worry about the bitches in school — that could be a good motto, because you come across people like that throughout your life.”


No comments: